Work Visa (Z)
The Chinese work visa, also known as the Z visa, is issued to non-natives who are going to China for a paid job offer or to participate in economic entertainment performances there.
This Z visa itself only allows a stay duration of 30 days from the date of appearance in China, during which time you and your employer must seek a Temporary Residence Permit for the duration of your contract, to a minimum of 90 days. Note that generally, the work visa is a single entry, with the duration of stay being 000, which means the duration is to be determined by the Temporary Residence Permit you get after entering China.
Work Visa Conditions & Documents
Majorly the Z-visa applicants are needed to give one of the following sets of documents depending on the nature of their visitation.
- An Alien Employment Permit and a calling letter from a properly authorized unit or an assignation evidence letter issued by the Ministry of Human resources and Social Security of the People’s Republic of China,
- A China Work Permit for Foreign Experts, an assignation letter from a properly authorized unit, or an assignation evidence letter issued by the Bureau of Foreign Experts,
- An instrument issued by the Resident Representative Office of Foreign Companies, an assignation letter from a properly authorized unit, or an assignation evidence letter issued by the Administration Bureau for Industry and Commerce,
- For aspirants coming to China solely for marketable performances an assignation letter from a properly authorized unit or assignation evidence letter issued by the affiliated Foreign Affairs Department ( external/ county- position), or Documents of Commercial Art Performance issued by the applicable executive department of culture,
- An assignation letter for non-natives engaged in coastal oil operations in the People’s Republic of China was issued by the China National Offshore Oil Corporation,
- Z-Visa holders should apply for residency permits from the Public Security Entry-Exit Administration in their megacity of work within 30 days after entry into China,
- Aspirant’s valid factual passport with at least six months before expiry and at least one blank runner left in it,
- One directly and actually completed the China Work Visa Application Form.
- Recent Picture,
- One recent passport standard picture is fixed to the Operation Form.
Aspirants might be needed to submit supporting documents on a case-by-case basis. This could include a medical form and convict history check, which has been authenticated. However, you still need to take a medical check when applying for the Temporary Residence Permit in China, If you aren’t needed to submit the medical form.
Ways of applying for a Work Visa
You can go to the Chinese delegacy, consulates, or other political operations in person for application. You can also have a friend, a trip agency, or a visa agency act on your behalf. There’s no need to make an appointment. Mailing operations aren’t acceptable. However, you can go there to submit the application; posted operations are accepted in some CVASCs If there are Chinese Visa Application Centres (CVASC) in your country.
It generally takes 4 working days for processing. For illustration, you submit an application on Monday, and also you can pick up your visa on Thursday. The fresh US $30 is charged for one working day processing and the US $20 for 2-3 working day processing.
Who can apply?
The Work Visa is issued to a foreign citizen who’s to take up a post or employment in China and his or her co-existing family members or to give economic performances in China.