Ways of Applying for South Korean Universities
Applying to South Korean Universities is straightforward.
- Produce a list of South Korean universities to apply to.
- Read the application details for each university to see the needed documents, eligibility (English proficiency test scores, etc.), and application dates. However, there are application deadlines listed with each sponsorship, If you look at the List of Korean literacy.
- Divide the universities into reach, match, and safety seminaries. Reach seminaries are seminaries that are hard for you to get into, match seminaries are seminaries that you have a good chance for you to get into, and safety seminaries are seminaries that you’re nearly 100 percent sure that you’ll get into. However, you might not have safe seminaries, If your scores aren’t astral. In that case, you need to apply to further match seminaries.
- Prepare the necessary documents for each university that you’re applying to.
- Submit the necessary documents and applications to universities. They will state if they want the applications submitted online or submitted by correspondence.
Needed Documents to Apply to South Korean Universities
Depending on the country that you’re from, the needed formalized test will be different.
Language Proficiency Tests
Korean Universities anticipate all global scholars to be fluent in English. Proficiency in Korean isn’t necessary, but you’ll have better chances to get literacy if you’re fluent in Korean. Numerous universities bear TOEFL or IELTS for English proficiency and TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) for Korean Proficiency.
Each academy has different recommendation letters asking different questions about the pupil, so you might not want to ask the same educators to complete all of the recommendation letters.
The counselor’s reference contains information about your high academy’s career similar to your GPA and the position of your courses. Occasionally, the counselor can submit a voluntary recommendation letter ensuring your character abilities.
Reiterations contain your courses throughout the high academy, grades for each course, and overall GPA. However, numerous Korean universities only consider grades from the 10th-12th time of high academy, but some universities consider grades from the 9th-12th time as well, If you’re applying as an undergraduate.
A duplicate of your passport
Scholars who are applying as global pupils and their parents cannot be citizens of Korea. To confirm this fact, numerous universities need you to submit a scrutinized duplicate of your parent’s passports.
Still, you need to apply through a separate application called International Application II, If one or both of your parents are Korean citizens.
Best universities to apply for in South Korea
The Seoul National University
The university is among the best universities in Asia. The university has sixteen colleges, a graduate academy, and 10 professional graduate seminaries offering hundreds of undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
KAIST was South Korea’s first exploration technology university. Situated in the central megacity of Daejeon, and it has stayed true to its founding ideology.
Started life in the late 1800s, and was innovated by Horace Grant Underwood, a Christian missionary.
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
It is located in Ulsan, the commercial capital of South Korea, also home to famed companies similar to Hyundai and SK Energy. The only university in South Korea where 100 percent of lectures are conducted in English, the exploration-acquired institution is concentrated on scientific and technological advancement.
D-10 Visa (work permit Visa)
Global graduates who earned an associate degree from a Korean Community College advanced from a Korean University can apply for a visa to look for a job in the country or plan to start a business related to intellectual property rights or the same technology. You should score at least 60 points and you should get at least 20 points in the normal requirement section. This visa is valid for over 6 months. The job you secure should be in line with your studies and should be in the approved types of work and you haven’t violated the Immigration Act.