A residence permit assigned to a stateless person is also an identification document.
Who can get a residence permit in Russia?
Foreigners who have a temporary residence permit in Russia can apply for a residence permit in Russia.
The following persons can apply for a residence permit in Russia without a temporary residence permit:
- foreigners who were born on the territory of the RSFSR and were in the past in the citizenship of the USSR;
- foreigners under 18 years of age, whose parent (adoptive parent, guardian, curator) is a foreign citizen permanently residing in Russia;
- foreigners under 18 years of age who receive a residence permit together with a parent (adoptive parent, guardian, trustee);
- foreigners with a parent (adoptive parent, guardian, curator), son or daughter – citizens of the Russian Federation permanently residing in Russia;
- foreigners over 18 years old, by the legislation of a foreign state, recognized as incapable or limited in a legal capacity, receiving a residence permit together with a parent (adoptive parent, guardian, guardian);
- foreigners over 18 years old, by the legislation of a foreign state recognized as incapable or limited in a legal capacity, and whose parent (adoptive parent, guardian, trustee) is a foreign citizen permanently residing in the Russian Federation;
- foreigners recognized as native speakers;
- foreigners who either themselves or their relatives in a direct ascending line, adoptive parents or spouses were illegally deported from the territory of the Crimean ASSR, as well as their relatives in a direct descending line, adopted children or spouses;
- foreign highly qualified specialists working in Russia and their family members;
- foreign qualified specialists who have worked for six or more months in Russia in their profession (specialty, position) from the list of professions of foreign citizens;
- foreigners who have successfully mastered in the Russian Federation a state-accredited educational program of higher education in full-time education and received a certificate of education and qualifications with honors;
- citizens residing in the territory of Russia, whose citizenship of the Russian Federation has been terminated;
- citizens residing in the territory of Russia, in respect of whom the decision to acquire citizenship of the Russian Federation has been canceled;
- citizens of the Republic of Belarus over 18 years old, including children who receive a residence permit with them and those who are incapacitated, for whom the applicant is a parent, adoptive parent, guardian, or trustee;
- foreigners who have received political asylum in Russia;
- foreigners and members of their families who arrived in Russia on a massive scale and are recognized as refugees in Russia or received temporary asylum in Russia and became participants in the state program to assist the voluntary resettlement of compatriots living abroad to Russia.
- other categories of citizens.
What documents will be required to obtain a residence permit for foreigners with a TRP?
Foreigners who have a temporary residence permit submit the following documents for obtaining a residence permit:
- application in duplicate;
- four personal photos;
- identity document;
- a document confirming the ability to support yourself and your family members in Russia within the subsistence minimum without resorting to state assistance (except for foreign citizens recognized as disabled);
- a document confirming the existence of ownership (other rights) to residential premises, if the information contained therein is not at the disposal of state bodies and local authorities (provided by a foreigner applying for a residence permit after three years from the date of entry into Russia);
- documents confirming the absence of drug addiction and infectious diseases that pose a danger to others, as well as a certificate of the applicant’s absence of HIV infection;
- a document confirming knowledge of the Russian language, knowledge of the history of Russia, and the basics of the legislation of the Russian Federation (the document is not provided by men over sixty-five years old and women over sixty years old);
- a document issued by the authorized body of the state of permanent residence no earlier than 3 months on the day of applying, in the absence of a criminal record or, if any, containing information about the crime for which the applicant was convicted. Introduces himself as a foreign citizen who has reached the age of fourteen. age (for those who entered the Russian Federation on a visa).
Besides, a state fee of 54 EURO must be paid. It is not necessary to submit a document confirming the payment of the state fee, but you can do it on your initiative.