Immigration. Travel. Living.

Poland: working as an expat

Find the job - Poland

Such a permit can be obtained if there are no applicants among Polish citizens for the job for which the foreigner applies.

Since Poland’s accession to the European Union, the following are exempted from the obligation to obtain a work permit:

  • The EU passport holders;
  • family members of citizens of the European Union who are engaged in economic activities on the territory of the Republic of Poland or are engaged in other activities to earn.

For other foreign nationals, general work rules apply. The procedures for the employment of a foreigner, in most cases, consist of three stages.


How to get a permit for work in Poland

The process of preparing permissible documents in Poland takes at least 3 weeks. A foreigner applying for a visa for employment or a residence permit in the territory of the Republic of Poland must have a written promise (promise) to issue a permit from the head of the relevant voivodeship office for the location of the company or the employer’s institution.

The cost of the permit for work is paid by the operator. From the first call of the company representative, it will take up to 2 months to complete the preparation of the documents.

Helping to find work in Poland is often offered by the companies, that collect vacancies all over the country, but the probability of cheating the co-driver is quite good. They bring vacancies and work from the production in various branches of the national economy, but on a trip to Poland, one can feel that it was a pleasure

On popular polish portals, offers are published with vacancies unavoidably from the operating system, as you can select and preserve. To find upcoming job offers and job vacancies, it is recommended to contact the operator directly.

You can find the offers about work in Poland on the following websites:

No problem is the fact that they are complete in Polish.

Poland metallic flag, textured flag, grunge flag Free Photo

What needs to be done to find a good job in Poland?

You should remember that you will need to learn the language to get high-paying work. The level of salary will depend not only on the specialty but also on the chosen region.

The unofficial workforce in Poland is strictly indicated, and the employee will be deported without the right to enter Poland and other countries of the Schengen area.

Do not follow in the summary and in the application for a vacancy to indicate the phone number of your country. The convenience of the fact that it will be called by the Polish operators is very small.

With large numbers, calls to other countries are quite expensive. It is recommended to indicate a polish mobile, Skype, or Viber number. To pass the conversation, you do not need to go to the operator, the conversation can be done by phone or via the Internet.

For the majority of the diplomatic professions, the Polish language is obligatory at the business and speaking levels. Specialists in computer specialties, programs, and specialists in the field of logistics and export do not need English, or knowledge of how much is available.

For those wishing to find a regular job, knowledge of the state language of Poland is not necessary. If you decide to use the services of the intermediaries, then check their license and permission to engage in daily activities.


Working without permission in Poland

However, there is a fairly large group of foreigners who can legally work in Poland without the need to obtain permission from the relevant authorities. Such benefits are enjoyed by foreign citizens, who, for example, belong to the following categories:

  • accredited correspondents of print media, radio, and television, as well as photographers and cinematographers, performing work on the instructions of the representative offices of foreign media;
  • artists – actors, conductors, musicians, vocalists, dancers, and mimes, if the term of their work does not exceed 30 working days during a calendar year;
  • full-time students studying at Polish higher education institutions and working during vacations no more than 3 months a year;
  • authors of reports and abstracts written and read out on special occasions, or representing especially valuable achievements of science and culture;
  • members of the boards of business entities who permanently reside abroad and perform their functions in Poland for no more than 30 days a year;
  • clergy;
  • employees of foreign companies and institutions sent to Poland for a period not exceeding 3 months in a calendar year to conduct training courses, assemble exhibition displays, preserve, receiving machines and technical equipment ordered by companies;
  • military personnel and civilian personnel of NATO structures in Poland.

Contact us