- high social protection (free medicine and social benefits);
- low unemployment rate (only about 6%, it is one of the lowest rates in the world);
- the possibility of leaving for the whole family;
- obtaining Australian citizenship after 4 years of residence and visa-free travel to most countries of the world;
- the affordability of immigration for money: all costs for a family without plane tickets are about 3500-4000 USD;
- the relatively short duration of the immigration process. The process of registration and consideration of documents, departure takes about 1.5-2 years;
- mild climate.
Methods of immigration to Australia
There are several ways to move to Australia from India. In this article, we will look at the main ones:
- Professional immigration (temporary or permanent work);
- Business immigration;
- Student immigration.
If a person has a profession that is in demand in Australia, then he/she can get an Australian work visa for both temporary and stable stay in the country. A person applying for this type of immigration must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 50;
- High level of English;
- Have some work experience in your profession or get an education in Australia;
- The profession of an applicant must be included in the list of occupations prepared by the Australian authorities.
It is not enough to have a degree to be hired in Australia. Your specialty and skills must be confirmed. To do this, Australian authorities have developed a whole system, which is expressed in the following: specially created organizations set their requirements for education, work experience, and language skills. And, if a person meets all of them, then he/she will be issued a work permit without any problems.
Moving this way is suitable for investors, business persons, and senior managers. To obtain a business visa, you first need to obtain a temporary and then a permanent visa. Business immigration to Australia consists of two stages:
- Issuance of a non-permanent permit for four years.
- Issuance of a permanent permit if all the conditions set by the country’s authorities are met.
The Immigration Department has established that the proportion of people who hold business visas in Australia should not exceed 37% of the total number of businesses.
Business immigration to Australia gives people the following opportunities:
- Have an expedited visa regime;
- Have the opportunity to obtain a permanent visa;
- Be able to receive sponsorship from the Australian authorities;
- Realistically obtain citizenship;
- The possibility to successfully open your business is due to little competition and assistance from the state.
Under this program, it is most likely to obtain a residence permit in the country.
Types of business visas
Australian authorities have provided types of business permits for:
- Owners or their business partners, as well as top managers;
- Board chairpersons and senior managers of large enterprises;
- Gifted entrepreneurs and businessmen in an innovative direction.
Currently, the Australian authorities provide positive aspects for foreign graduates of Australian universities, including for Indian citizens.
The stages of student immigration are as follows:
- Choosing an educational institution and the required course. Studying in Australia must be at least two years;
- Obtaining a study visa. The category of visa, requirements for the applicant, the required package of documents depend on the type and duration of the training;
- Applying for immigration.
Terms for obtaining a student visa
There are specific conditions for obtaining a student visa, which must be obtained by a person who wants to go to study in Australia.
The applicant must:
- Be sure to be enrolled in an institution registered in the state register of this country;
- Show your English proficiency, for which an applicant must pass TOEFL or IELTS;
- Prove that he has enough money for education and living;
- Demonstrate your level of education to understand whether the chosen training program is suitable for him or not;
- Provide medical insurance.
The standard package of documents for a student visa
An applicant for a student visa to Australia must prepare the following documents:
- Application form 157 A. If an applicant is planning to work, then he/she need additionally fill out and submit an application form 157 R;
- A photograph of an applicant and photographs of family members who are going to travel to Australia with him/her;
- A letter from an Australian institution confirming the student’s enrollment, specifying the tuition fees, course name, and start and end dates of studies;
- An extract from the bank on the availability of funds, and the account must exist for at least three months, and the movement of money must not be made;
- Certificate from a medical institution about the applicant’s health;
- Insurance policy;
- For men, you must additionally present a military ID.
Best cities in Australia for immigration
Australian cities regularly rank among the world’s most comfortable cities to live in. One of them is Melbourne. It became the most comfortable city in the world 5 times in 5 consecutive years.
Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth are very similar to cities in Europe and North America. The population density here is relatively low, with a modern developed infrastructure and good ecology. Many immigrants from India prefer to settle in such cities because it is relatively quiet and peaceful here.
Sydney and Melbourne are suitable for those who are used to the fast pace of life in the metropolis. Salaries here are higher than the national average, it is easier to find a job. But housing in big cities is less affordable.