They differ from the World University Rankings in that they’re more focused on what institutions offer scholars rather than on exploration data.
A lot of Tohoku University’s amenities are erected around and within the ancient war grounds of the megacity of Sendai. It still remains the first-ever university in Japan to admit worldwide scholars.
Tokyo Institute of Technology
It is a public exploration university located in the Greater Tokyo area. It’s the country’s largest institution for advanced education that’s devoted to social science and technology.
The University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo was the first public university in Japan when it was established in 1877. It provides courses across the academic range and has 10 faculties,15 graduate seminaries,11 combined analysis institutes (including the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology),13 university-wide centers, three main libraries, and three institutes for advanced study.
Kyoto University is spread across three institutions Yoshida, Uji, and Katsura. It’s one of Japan’s oldest universities and is constantly ranked largely in Asia. Kyoto University has about twenty-two thousand scholars,10 faculties,18 graduate seminaries, and 21 analysis and educational centers.
The University has bounced three places from last time to take the fifth position. Innovated in 1931, the university has come to be one of Japan’s top-notch universities. It’s organized into 11 faculties for undergraduate programs and 16 graduate seminaries.
How to apply to universities as an ex-pat
Learn where to submit your university operation. The transnational scholars need to visit the website of their preferred Japanese university to submit their request.
Meet the university entry conditions
These are some of the most common documents scholars need to submit during their operation at a Japanese university.
- completed operation form.
- evidence of paying the operation figure (if applicable).
- high academy parchment (to apply for a Bachelor’s).
- Bachelor’s parchment (to apply for a Master’s).
- paraphrase of records.
- passport-sized print (s).
- dupe of a valid passport and/ or particular ID.
- a particular statement.
Depending on your chosen study program, the university can ask for fresh documents. Keep in mind that these documents need to be restated into Japanese or English before being submitted.
Admission for International Students
A lot of Japanese universities use the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) to determine if a transnational pupil has the necessary academic and Japanese language expertise to enroll in one of their undergraduate (Bachelor’s) programs.
The EJU evaluates 4 subjects
- Japanese as a foreign language.
- Science (introductory Drugs, Chemistry, Biology).
- Japan and the world (introductory chops in Liberal Trades, critical thinking, and logical capacities).
- Mathematics (key competencies in Math).
In order for you to study in Japan, you might need to prove both your English and Japanese mastery. This is determined by each academy collectively. For English proficiency, you can shoot test results from;
- TOEFL iBT.
- IELTS Academic.
- PTE Academic.
To justify your Japanese proficiency, you need to pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
Japanese universities have different operation deadlines depending on the system they use. A formal university website is an excellent place where you can learn further about these important dates.
For universities with two admission terms.
- Operation deadline for the spring, admission is November.
- The operation deadline for the autumnal equinox admission is April.
For universities with three admission terms:
- Operation deadline for the spring, admission is October/ November.
- Operation deadline for the summer admission February/ April.
- The operation deadline for the autumnal equinox admission is June/ July.
Final way after getting your acceptance letter
Approving your registration after getting the acceptance letter/ university offer.
- Apply for a pupil visa in Japan.
- Apply for medical insurance.
With a Work Permit, you may:
- Work up to 28 hours a week when the academy is in session, and 40 hours a week during academy leaves.
- You may gain a Work Permit with a Student Visa as you enter the country at the immigration counters in the major airfields. A completed form is needed.
Still, you’ll need to apply for one through the IUJ, If you don’t secure a work permit as you enter the country. The following are the necessary documents for the Work Permit operation.
- Operation Form.
- A duplicate of your residency card – or on your new residency card as you enter the country.