The Maltese climate can help promote poor health, especially for people suffering from conditions like bronchial asthma. Tourism is well developed in the country, many people strive to relax on these fabulous islands.
Besides, Malta provides immigrants with many other opportunities to stay here for a long time or even forever. Of the entire European Union, this state is distinguished by the most loyal conditions of immigration.
Getting a higher education in Malta is very profitable both economically and in terms of quality. Once this country was a British colony, and the influence of Great Britain remains: English is the second official language of Malta, and the education system is borrowed from the British, and since it is considered the most advanced in the world, there is no need to worry about the level of training in Maltese universities. This world-class education is much cheaper than in the rest of the European Union, and at the same time, a diploma obtained in Malta is in demand around the world.
During the study time, for which the fee has already been paid, it is allowed to travel within the euro area. And, of course, the student must apply for a residence permit. If a minor is educated in Malta, his guardian has the right to obtain a residence permit in the country for the entire period of study, as well as to visit the countries of the Schengen area.
This is another way to obtain a residence permit in Malta. To work in this country, you need a special license: this document gives you the right to work and live in the country at the same time. The employer must issue the license himself, for it is difficult to obtain permission to hire a foreigner – this can only be a specialist of the highest qualification level. It is impossible to get a job without such a license. It is issued for a year, after which it can be extended.
Starting a business
This way of settling in the country is popular with foreign businessmen.
However, it cannot be called simple – anyone wishing to start their own business in the Maltese state must meet several requirements:
Have the opportunity to invest in business development 100 thousand euros if he is engaged in it independently, or 40 thousand euros if he is in partnership with a citizen or resident of Malta.
- Provide a well-designed detailed business plan.
- Recruit at least three Maltese citizens.
- Have a university degree.
- Obtain permission to start a business from the Malta Entrepreneurship Committee.
- To be the only representative of such a brand in the state.
To register a new branch of a business, you need:
- have a good reputation;
- the enterprise must operate for three years or longer.
Marriage to a citizen of the country or family reunification
Those who find a soul mate on the Maltese islands have the opportunity to move there forever: they are immediately permitted to live in Malta and travel freely within the Schengen area. And having lived in the country for 5 years, these people can obtain citizenship of Malta and, accordingly, a Maltese passport.
Obtaining a residence permit by investment
Since May 2016, Malta has launched a special state program, according to which wealthy people can immigrate to the islands – Malta Residence and Visa Program (MRVP). People invest their money in the country’s economy, and in return, they receive a residence permit for themselves and their families.
Who can access the program?
They can be citizens of all countries except the European Union, the European Economic Community, and Switzerland.
The person applying for the program must be an adult. The program also applies to family members of the applicant: husband or wife and minor children; it is possible to obtain a residence permit for adult children under the age of 26, for parents and grandparents, if they are economically dependent on the applicant. At the same time, the future investor signs an application for material support for all adults who apply for a residence permit with him.
There are clear requirements for the size of the applicant’s income: from 100,000 euros per year outside Malta or savings from 50,000 euros. Also, all applicants for a residence permit must not have a criminal record and dangerous infections. You will also need to take out local health insurance.
Invest in the economy of Malta at least 250,000 euros, for at least five years.
Purchase or rent real estate.
When buying, an investor cannot rent or sell it for five years; cost – from 320,000 euros. If the property is rented, the payment must be from 12,000 euros per year.
Pay a government fee of € 30,000.
If the application is approved and the participants of the program become the owners of the residence permit, then they can renew it as many times as they want but they will never be able to obtain the citizenship of Malta. They have the right to
If the application is approved and the participants of the program become the owners of the residence permit, then they can renew it as many times as they want but they will never be able to obtain the citizenship of Malta. They have the right to live and work in the country. If you wish, you can live outside Malta, but this does not negate the possibility of traveling without a visa in the Schengen area.
- Treatment in the Maltese Islands for a long time.
- Immigration for wealthy retirees.
- Refugee status.
General requirements for obtaining a residence permit
- The stay in the country is carried out on a legal basis.
- There are reasons for a long stay in the country.
- Applicant owns or rented housing.
- Annual income – at least 13,400 euros plus 20% for each family member.
- An applicant for a residence permit must be a resident of Malta.
- To become a resident of the state, you need:
- Have an income of at least $ 30,000 per year or capital of 150,000 Maltese lire.
- Pay taxes from the moment you enter the country. It is noteworthy that the Malta tax system is distinguished by loyalty – there are cases when a person is completely exempt from paying taxes.
- A resident can freely leave the country and come again, as well as visit the states, which have representative offices in Malta.
- An application for a Maltese residence permit is considered for several months, and it is not necessary to be in the country all the time. When a family is applying for a residence permit, the personal presence of the main applicant is sufficient. You can submit documents in English, as it is the second official language of the state.