Choosing a state to live in
Start by choosing the climate that suits you. If the financial side is important enough for you, choose a state according to the level of taxation.
You want to open your own business or plan to develop through a business partnership – hire a competent legal consultant who will help you understand all the intricacies of the American economy and legislation.
Knowledge of the language
Improve your English. The first months after you move, it will be difficult for you to adapt anyway, so try to ensure in advance for yourself as few barriers as possible when applying for a job, medical care, and simple communication with Americans.
Step-by-step preparation for the move
Solve all family and financial issues in advance. Plan all the next steps for yourself and your family so that the move and the process of adaptation to a new place from India will be easy and as fast as possible.
Opportunities to relocate to the USA from India
America is gradually reducing the number of migrants by introducing new visa restrictions. For the inhabitants of India, permanent residence in the States remains real today.
Open a visa from your country, and then move to the USA:
- You can apply for a visa at the consulate of the country of which you are a citizen. If this is not possible, documents can be submitted to the embassies of neighboring states.
- Travel to America from India on a nonimmigrant visa and change its status on the spot.
- After arriving in the States on a temporary visa, you have the right to apply to change your status. Your employer can also apply if you are in the United States on a work visa.
- You can immigrate to America from India on a business visa, for employment, if a family member lives in the United States, on a bride’s visa, or in case of winning the Green Card lottery.
- The last option is the least expensive, but also the least likely. It is impossible to influence the drawing, therefore only the correct execution of the application depends on you.
It is impossible to influence the drawing, therefore only the correct execution of the application depends on you.
Which state to choose?
When moving to the United States, it is important to make the right choice of state. You should consider that states with high living standards, high wages, and developed infrastructure have a downside.
The cost of renting housing in the best cities in the United States can be dozens of times higher than rent in small towns. Competition in the labor market is similarly different – getting a decent job in developed cities, popular for immigrants and tourists, is quite difficult. The differences apply to everything else: food, clothing, services.
For businessmen, the tax rate is especially important, in this regard, the states that are most favorable for economic activity are selected. If you are going to America for permanent residence with children, pay attention to the approach to training and its cost in different cities.
Illinois, Michigan is the best choice for immigrants with families. Highly skilled workers need states with high economic and living standards: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and, of course, New York.
A residence permit allows you to move freely within America to different states, therefore, if you imagined life in your chosen state differently, you always have the opportunity to move to another.
How to get US citizenship?
You can plan to move to America for life or simply visit the country on a temporary visa and want to stay there. Do not risk living in the States illegally, after deportation you will receive a re-entry ban. The US State Department provides many opportunities for immigrants with different levels of income and education.
The first step to obtaining citizenship is to move to the States on an immigrant visa. After you have received a residence permit and have lived in America for 3 to 5 years, depending on which visa the consulate issued you, you can start filing a petition to the Immigration Service for citizenship.
In the United States, you can stay based on family ties, investment in the country’s economy, marriage with an American, a green card, or getting a permanent job with an American employer.
US Visa Application for Indian citizens
- Pay the consular fee for processing your visa application.
- Complete your Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) electronically.
- Sign up for an interview through the website. To do this, you will need to provide the following information: passport number, consular fee receipt number, and 10-digit barcode number from the confirmation page of the application for form DS-160.
- Come to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for your interview at the appointed time. You must have all the necessary documents with you
- Part of the interview is fingerprinting (fast digital fingerprint scanning without using ink). Exempt from this procedure are those who enter the United States on instructions from government authorities, as well as applicants under the age of 14 and over the age of 79.
USA Visa Documents
- To pass the interview, you must have the following documents with you:
- a valid passport;
- a receipt for payment of the consular fee;
- a printed letter with an invitation to an interview;
- A printed DS-160 application confirmation page;
- 1 photograph of a face without glasses, taken no more than 6 months ago and meeting the requirements of the US Embassy;
- previously issued foreign passports (if any);
- any evidence of close ties to India.