Motivation is extremely important for such a visa, which would be understandable not so much to a consular officer as to a diplomat living in Germany and having a very vague idea of the realities of your homeland.
What problems can be faced with obtaining a language visa
- Terms of obtaining a visa
Documents for a national visa are submitted only in person, and only directly to the German Consulate. The line for submission of documents can be 1.5-2 months, and processing of documents after their submission usually lasts about 6 weeks. Therefore, you need to sign up for an interview long before you receive the documents from the language school, otherwise, you will be late for the start of the classroom, and either the group will start learning the language without you, and you will need to catch up with them on your own, or you will have to postpone the start of the study.
If necessary, we will help you find an apartment for rent near the language school.
- Postal problems
So that you do not have problems with the timely receipt of documents from the language school, it is better to contact us in advance. The school can send documents to the German address of our office, from where they will be sent to Russia. In this case, the documents will come to Russia quickly, and most importantly, they will not be lost on the way.
- Refusal due to lack of motivation
You can not treat a motivation letter as “slipshod”. It is also very important when obtaining a language visa. Because many cases of visa refusals pass through us (we deal not only with visas but separately and closing refusals), then we saw a lot of completely illiterate motivation letters, i.e. letters with which rejection was expected.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SHORT-TERM VISA FOR A LANGUAGE COURSE (VALID UP TO 3 MONTHS):
- International passport;
- Internal passport and two copies from pages with personal data, with registration at the place of residence and indicating all issued passports;
- one completed and signed application form for a Schengen visa;
- two passport-size photographs (one for an application form, one for a visa);
- a handwritten declaration under § 55 of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners in the Federal Republic of Germany;
- travel health insurance policy and one copy;
- invitation of a language school (the following should be indicated: place and dates of the language course);
- certificate of payment for the entire course and two copies;
- certificate of the availability of a place of residence during your stay in Germany;
- a document confirming the availability of funds to pay for the stay in the country;
- health insurance policy for the entire trip;
- a document confirming your readiness to return to your country (such confirmation can be a certificate from the place of work or a certificate of wages, marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, or a document confirming ownership of housing).
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR VISA VALIDITY MORE THAN 3 MONTHS:
- International passport;
- Internal passport and two copies from pages with personal data;
- two completed and signed application forms for a residence permit;
- three passport-size photographs (two photographs for application forms, one for a visa);
- two handwritten declarations by § 55 of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners in the Federal Republic of Germany;
- travel health insurance policy and two copies;
- an invitation from a language school (the following must be indicated: the place and dates of the language course) and two copies – a certificate of payment for the entire course and two copies;
- document confirming the purpose of the course. these can be: either professional goals (for this you need a certificate from the employer confirming the leave granted and guaranteeing the preservation of the workplace, and two copies); or educational purposes (this will require a document of admission to study at a higher educational institution and two copies);
- certificate of availability of a place of residence for the duration of your stay in Germany and two copies;
- a document confirming the availability of funds to pay for the stay in the country and two copies;
- a document confirming your readiness to return to your country and two copies (such confirmation can be a certificate from the place of work or a certificate of salary, marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, or a document confirming ownership of housing)