In addition, living in an island state itself is attractive not only due to the mild climate, stability in the economy, but also the social protection of the population.
This is why thousands of foreigners are exploring various options before applying for Australian citizenship. In the 21st century, immigration law has undergone significant changes. Especially when it comes to qualified specialists and businessmen who want to develop their business and invest in the country’s economy.
The benefits of living in Australia
Any state is unique. The former colony of the British has turned into a prosperous stable state with tolerant and happy people. In addition, many of us are probably aware that Australia is one of the five best countries in the world in terms of living standards.
Australia is known for its vast natural resources and attractions. You can visit a large number of beautiful parks, vast beaches, deserts, and natural wonders, thanks to which you will love this magical land even more. The country is home to millions of species of flora and fauna.
Wages in Australia are considered high and if you have a specific skill set you have a higher chance of successful employment.
High quality of the healthcare system
Australia is considered to be one of the best healthcare systems in the world. There are a large number of private and public institutions in this country, and hospitals are equipped with modern equipment.
The average cost of public health insurance per person is 2% of salary income. Private health insurance is around $ 2,000 per year.
Australia’s education system
If you are a teenager and live in Australia, then you have the opportunity to attend public schools free of charge until grade 12. Textbooks are provided free of charge. Australia’s education system ranks fourth in the world in terms of efficiency, which puts it above France, Switzerland, and the United States. While the cost of private schooling can be up to $ 40,000 per year, you can be confident that the Australian public system will provide you with a high-quality education.
When you visit Australia, you will find that even the city beaches in this country are very beautiful. As Australia is the world’s largest island country, there are over 10,000 different beaches to explore. The continent has glowing white and golden sands, clear water. Many people enjoy surfing.
Disadvantages of living on a green mainland
There are several disadvantages for foreigners in Australia:
- very high prices for housing, even for rental housing (real estate in 95% of cases is brought exclusively on credit);
- the high cost of living – food, clothing, medicine, kindergartens – eat up the bulk of the earnings (one day of a child’s stay in kindergarten can cost $ 100);
- the presence of a huge number of fauna representatives, many of which pose a real threat;
- rather high taxes on income.
Social benefits for citizens
Key benefits for the population:
- High level of income and, accordingly, the highest standard of living.
- Accessibility of education – to become a student, it is enough to present a receipt for paying for courses and a document confirming the delivery of a language test. At the same time, Australian education is highly regarded throughout the world.
- Stability in all spheres of life, confidence in the future.
- Visa-free access to most of the world’s powers.
- High level of social protection.
- Ability to hold dual citizenship in Australia.
A tolerant attitude towards all migrants, regardless of religion, confession, race, etc. After all, the bulk of the population now living there are descendants of colonists who came here from different parts of the world.
The main condition for a prosperous life is having a job. Under this condition, the family can count on opening any lines of credit for the purchase of housing, a car, etc. If the family owns unencumbered housing, one adult may not work.
The tax burden for business
Here are the main taxes paid by Australian businesses:
- Income tax – flat rate – 30%.
- VAT – 10%, for socially important goods – 0%. As in the Russian Federation, there is a tax refund system.
- Real estate tax – payable on a progressive scale depending on the purpose of the property being sold.
- Employee payroll tax. Paid by the employer and is about 7%
- Land tax. Its size is very small and depends on the state (0.6% on average).
At first glance, it seems that after all, Australian companies are quite weighed down by the tax burden. However, if we turn attention to key items such as social benefits, VAT, sales tax. And the fact that some of the taxes are progressive only means that the government takes its social obligations seriously. Therefore, the socially unprotected part of the population can always receive support from the rich.
Position in the world
The kangaroo country has been among the top ten developed capitalist powers for many years. The remote geographical location contributes to the fact that the country provides itself with all diversified products.
The same foundation allows Australians to stay out of the world’s turmoil and disaster. In foreign policy, Australia is the closest and consistent ally of the United States. It is the States that make the most impressive financial injections into the economy of the green continent. It is also important to establish good-neighbory relations with the states of the Pacific region and East Asia. It is a permanent member of the UN and its branches – IAEA, WHO, UNESCO, etc.